presented by Newell Brands:
Welcome to the exciting and rewarding world of home canning with the Ball® Home Canning Facebook Community!
Newell Brands’ vision for the Ball® Home Canning Community is to provide a place for canners, both new and experienced, to ask questions, share insights and connect on the unique activity that is at-home canning.
Our goal is to make the Ball® Home Canning Community a positive experience for all members. As such, we would like to share these guidelines for the Ball® Home Canning Community. We ask all of you to remember that not all members have the same level of expertise with canning or knowing what is or isn’t permitted to be posted in the community. Let’s always presume the best and ensure the discussion is always respectful.
Our hope is that this community continues to grow and add value to your life. If you wish to ‘Follow’ a post, use the Facebook feature ‘Turn on notifications’ in the upper right-hand corner of every post. Should you wish to stop posts from appearing in your newsfeed, select ‘Unfollow’ or ‘Hide Group’.
1. For all Ball® home canning product issues, customer service inquiries, and canning questions that cannot be resolved in the community, please contact our Carelines Team at (800) 240-3340, Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm EST or at https://www.ballmasonjars.com/support/contact-us.
2. Report spam immediately to ensure it is removed and blocked in a timely manner. To report a post, in the upper right-hand corner of the post, select ‘Report to Admin.’
3. Please lead with kindness. This community is meant to be a collection of beginners and expert canners, supporting each other and improving the canning experience. If you see negative or inappropriate interaction, please “Report to Admin” so we can remove the post.
4. If you have a suggestion, we would love to hear from you. Please forward your suggestion to one of the moderators.
5. Prior to posting a question, always verify using the resources in the community. We have several canning and home preservation resources and guides posted in our “Files” section. If the answer to your question is not in one of our files, feel free to ask the group.
6. Any opinion or advice shared by members of the community, whether it be recipe tips, healthier eating, medical, legal, or otherwise, do not represent the opinion of Newell Brands, the maker of Ball® home canning products. We will answer questions and guide the members if incorrect canning information is shared, however this group is for members to connect and build a community. TECHNICAL QUESTIONS & ISSUES:
If you are having an issue or challenge with one of our Ball® home canning products and need immediate or technical support, we have a team of trained canning experts and technical professionals standing by to provide you with the support you need.
1. For immediate support, please call our CareLines Team at (800) 240-3340, Monday through Friday, from 9:00am to 5:00pm EST or at https://www.ballmasonjars.com/support/contact-us.
2. For additional issues, please visit our website and fill out the contact form here: https://www.ballmasonjars.com/support/contact-us
POSTS AND COMMENTS NOT PERMITTED:
Due to the size and diversity of the group, the following posts and comments are not permitted and will be removed without notice. All posts are subject to review prior to going live. Posts will be approved or rejected at the discretion of the moderator.
Note: There will be zero tolerance for spam. Spam will be removed immediately, and the spammer(s) blocked.
1. Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent use of language or visuals.
2. Attacks on specific member(s) or any comment meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual and/or group of individuals, including the Facebook administrator(s) and moderator(s).
3. Content, images, gifs, memes or links deemed to be negative, inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purpose of the Ball® Home Canning Community. Note: this is up to the discretion of the moderator.
4. Non-Ball® home canning products and glassware. This group is for Ball® home canning products ONLY.
5. Violation of copyright or intellectual property rights, including but not restricted to photographs and recipes (please refer to ‘Recipes’ for more detail). Ensure to provide credit where credit is due. Do not include a full recipe; provide a link to the contributor’s recipe. If you are sharing an original recipe indicate Original Recipe.
6. Live Videos – including but not exclusively, children cooking in an unsafe manner with no supervision, another brand, extremely lengthy videos (+4 minutes), and live chats. Note: this is up to the discretion of the moderator.
7. Promoting or discussing competitive products, services, brands or other categories of products.
8. Posts for personal promotion, or, to promote or sell products including but not exclusively decals, covers, weight loss, essential oils, and unapproved home canning accessories or tools. There will be days that self-promotion of small businesses that use Ball® home canning products will be allowed. That will be promoted by the moderator ahead of time.
9. Giveaways, contests and promotions unless approved by the moderators.
10. Discussions on political, religious, or illegal activity for any cause.
11. Unnecessary posts, ‘Thanks you for the add’, saying ‘Hello’, tagging someone’s name, sending a friend a message, etc.
13. Spam or link baiting.
14. Affiliate links that do not comply with the guidelines (please refer to ‘Affiliate’ section for more details).
15. Problems with your Ball® home canning products which cannot be addressed by the community, such as, lid issues. Please connect with our Carelines Team (detailed above) to open a ticket. This community cannot help with product or technical support.
16. Any post in violation of the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC), US Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines or the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is not permitted.
We love recipes and we encourage you to share recipes – HOWEVER – please do not share recipes that are not tested and approved for food and safety standards. Approved recipes can be found in one of our many Ball® home canning cookbooks (linked below), or online on our website: https://www.ballmasonjars.com/recipes?fdid=recipes
Tested and Approved Recipes, as well as home canning information, can also be found:
1. Members are welcome to share their own unique recipes or slight revisions to recipes, however posts will be delayed before going live due to approval by our moderator. All recipes need to be validated for safety standards, so if it’s a processing time, a switch of fruit, etc., our team will need to confirm it is safe for other members to try. We recommend including a photo or any credible links along with your post.
2. When referring to a published recipe, post a photo of your creation and a LINK to the source (the published recipe, as it provides the name of the creator/author). This also helps other group members access tested and approved recipes they can try.
We hope you enjoy your time in the Ball® Home Canning Community! Thank you for keeping the tradition of canning alive and passing down the heritage of Ball® home canning products for future generations to enjoy.
These guidelines are subject to amendment from time to time.
Ball Corporation is not a sponsor of, and has no affiliation with, this community and all comments and inquiries are to be directed solely to Newell Brands. BALL® and the Ball logotype, TMs Ball Corporation, used under license.
Thank you & happy canning -
The Ball® Home Canning Team at Newell Brands